Monday, June 14, 2010

Big lake! HO...

What do you do when you are leaving for Ethiopia in 10 days to pick up your two new daughters...GO TO BIG LAKE! It's true, we have about 300 things to do, like clean for the cleaning lady, pack, finish making cookies/dinners to freeze, go to Sam's Club to get the special: "if I have these toothbrushes I will share with Abebech and Amenech...I promise i will share...PLEASE!!!", you all know she is not going to share! Go through clothes that are too small, organize the girls clothes...I could go on and on.

So, we pack up and go to BIG LAKE! Everyone ate their sandwich, apple and trail mix in the car and I remembered why we are going on this crazy (your words not mine) adventure. I watched the kids playing in the water, yelling about this being the best day ever, swimming until their lips turned blue. Then they changed their clothes in the van (we all do it!)...it was so nice to just hang...since the cleaning lady is coming while we're gone...I think we should do one or two more Big Lake trips and then get a McFlurry (don't judge), to remember why you have these little monsters to begin with.

2 comments:

  1. It didn't rain!!!!!! :) SO glad you went. PS. snickers flurries are my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very excited to hear your stories, Tonya! Of course, that's nothing new. Since the moment I met you, I just couldn't get me enough Ton-Ton ;) XOXOX

    ReplyDelete