Wednesday, June 9, 2010

OMG we're going to Africa!

Yes, I just realized it!
Adoption is different from being preggers (I know I am guessing here since I have never been). Anyhoo, when you are adopting it is like you're in a fog, filling out paperwork, having strangers look through all your financial information, background checks on a state and federal level, fingerprints, asking people to write reference letters, and waiting, waiting, waiting...

Well, our wait is almost over and it feels unreal...like we will wake up tomorrow and it will have been a dream and life will be in black and white again, just like the movie Wizard of Oz. Well, I am going to have a gin and tonic and hope tomorrow brings the brightest blue skies, green leaves and vivid flowers and my three little munchkins will be here drawing pictures for their two sisters who are waiting for them in a far off land, over the rainbow.

1 comment: