Sunday, June 13, 2010

making stuff/wasting time

So, I wanted to finish up my sewing projects that I have promised folks and to make some diapers to take to Addis. This little "finishing" project was suppose to only take a few hours on Friday morning then I couldn get back into the groove of cleaning the house before the cleaning woman comes on Tues (that there is a whole different story...). Ok, back to the few little sewing projects, oh yeah, Kayleigh is kind enough to help me out in the sewing room....think about it. And I end up making the following:
24 diaper liners
24 flannel wipes
2 wet bags withdrawstrings
1 dress for Kayleigh
1 dress for Stella
1 skirt for Kayleigh
trip to fabric store to get more fabric for another skirt for Kayleigh (I don't now how this happen...we also got orange drinks at McDonalds...she is good!)
2 blankets one side flannel/one side terry cloth with ribbon ties for Abebech and Amenech
elastic straps for Reid's sleeping bag so it could be worn as a backpack to go on an adventure that he could not tell me the details of because it was a, "mission for super heros, and mom, your not one" thanks Beidy!
finish a doll that was missing a head (from 3 yrs ago!)
and
make a pattern for toddler backpacks I am making to take to Addis for Abebech and Amenech
4 new vinyl placemats (Reid made two and Kayleigh made 2)
Kayleigh make herself a purse and Reid a European carry-all!
Both kids got to make bobbins and learn how to thread the machine.
Both kids got to use the serger..."MOM!!! it's going CRAZY....HELP", screams Reid..."Reid lift your foot UP", says mom..."OH, THANKS MOM", says Reid in his low-deep-big guy voice
Delivered dinner and goodies to a friend who just had a 11lb baby boy at HOME!! as in HOME BIRTH...she needed a "winner winner chixn dinner".

Needless to say it is Sunday.
And I still have to clean for the cleaning woman on Tues....

1 comment: