Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Adoption month...blog one

November is national adoption month and it got me to thinking about how we don’t celebrate adoption month, we celebrate adoption year. Everyday in and out we live and breathe adoption.
Adoption has given me the gift of family. Adoption has given me the chance to be a mother. Adoption has introduced me to many wonderful people and has given me many unexpected adventures that I never would have had, or knew exsisted. Adoption is a gift that I am thankful for and celebrate everyday in my children’s smiles, laughter and successes.

So, I have decided to write a blog about adoption through the eyes of my family. I am not going to be ALL out there with information, much of these stories belong to my children and are for them to share or not share when they choose. I am hoping to take you through a quick trip through the last 10 years of our life, the ups downs and all around. I am not a writer, my grammer sucks and I often forget punctuation. What I am is mother thanks to the selfless giving of women who I have come to have a amazing unexplainable bond too, women that many adoptive parents like to pretend are not there, the Birthmother of our children or as they call her their, “belly mom”.

2 comments: