Monday, November 14, 2011

The call!

We did our classes
We did our home study
We did our letter
We did our album
We waited for about a year

Then...

THE CALL!!

I can't remember the day of the week, I can't remember the time...I can remember that I didn't answer the phone, it was my day off and I was still in my pj's and ignoring the phone! I was working on the handbags I was selling and was in a groove...ignoring the phone. ignoring the phone! finally, I answered the phone and it was Kevin. The social worker got a hold of him at work and he had spoken to a birthmother. The birthmother that turned out to be our birthmother! Kevin was amazing, he said he was nervous but, when everyone in a situation is nervous, hell, it is such a individual situation that ours is nothing like yours and yours is nothing like ours. There is no set code, no menu, no right, no wrong.

We setup a meeting for a couple of days later.

This part was a whirl...we told a couple of people. But mainly kept it to ourselves. This is how we handled the process, we kept the information very close to our hearts. Then, if anything happen we wouldn't have to have the, "questions" from people. It worked for us and we did it with all of our adoptions. Letting it be ours, our little secret, letting the levity of the situation be absorbed into us before we shared it with others.

This was a meeting that could change our lives.

Then the, "what if's", came. They can storming in like a frat boys at a kegger. They took over.
What if she doesn't like us, what if we sound like assholes, what if she chooses us and changes her mind, what it the earth explodes before Thursday and we never get to meet her!!!

*tune in tomorrow for....The meeting....and see what happens :)*

2 comments: