Sunday, June 17, 2012

without him there is no family


(Photo by http://mazawi.com/ the best photographer in the world!!!)

It's Father's day and as my DH is greeted with breakfast in bed and 5 screaming happy children tossing gifts at him and spilling eggs on my just washed sheets while eating his breakfast with their sweaty little hands.  I look at the man I have been with for over 25 years, we make eye contact, and like so many times in our crazy life, we laugh.

I met my husband in high school (true story) and we have been with one another through University, marriage, a long illness and death of my father, buying two and building one house, the illness and death of his mother, then 2 years later the death of his father and the adoption of our 5 children.  He works harder than anyone I know at his job, being a great father and amazing partner.

He is a man who has always put his family first.  He never made me feel small over infertility, he never said that he didn't want a child that wasn't "blood" (I have friends and relatives who's husbands say this, it is a fact), he never complains about the kids or the messy house.  He will make dinner, do laundry, give baths and is making a chicken coop...all with a smile on his beautiful face.   He is patient.  Teaching the kids how to computer program or hammer a nail.  He thinks I'm beautiful.  He makes time for his family and loves to have friends and family over to the flying turkey for drinks and dinner.  He makes a mean guacamole at midnight in the 40 degree weather with a candle to light his way while camping with friends.

He is amazing...I really can't say enough good things about him.


He asks for nothing, yet gives so much.


He is the bearded one and he is ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment